Saturday, November 17, 2007

Soccer


I forgot my camera today, but this was taken a few years ago. Two of my soccer kids:


Another season concluded today with the awards ceremony, as we watched Tiffany play one last game for the season. Afterwards we all gathered and cheered for each team. We've been doing this for ten years now (wow, didn't realize it's been that many years!). Today seemed almost surreal. As the sun was setting quickly behind the trees, I swear I could hear Todd screaming, "Score! Shoot! Just kick the ball!" He was a very enthusiastic parent, and everyone: coaches, refs, other cheering parents, and players, all loved him. When the boys were playing on different teams, he would go from field to field yelling for them to "SCORE!" He never could understand why they just couldn't simply kick the ball into that big net, obviously so intent on his own child that he never took into account the opposing players, the keeper, and the distance his children were from the goal!

Tiffany played well. I could hear her Daddy yelling for her to score. I wonder if she could hear him. Shoot! It seemed to be echoing across the soccer fields today.

....just moving through another day without Todd. I don't like it. The days feel like they are in control now. I do what they have planned for me. I go where they want me to go....

1 comment:

Debbie said...

((((hugs))))) and prayers for you today.