Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Praying Friends

I have a great privilege in having praying friends! Tonight I have to take time to publically thank the faithful, praying friends God has given me. THANK YOU!

Today was a difficult one. I had to go back to work, and this is not an easy thing to do! I was physically sick today. My stomach hurt all day, and I couldn't eat. I was shaking, crying, and a total mess. Todd's absence seemed immense. Tears were just under the surface or spilling out over my cheeks through the day. I remembered the many who said they were praying for me, and emailed two for "extra" prayers. I was scared I wasn't going to make it today. I know for a fact the only way I got through this day was with God's almighty strength and goodness.

I received these verses in emails today. I praise God for His Word and for His promises. Before I left for work I recieved: Psalm 100:4 "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face continually." What a timely reminder!

Then on returning home I was reminded of these wonderful verses:
Isaiah 43:2 &3a "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God." The praying friend who wrote this added, "you could easily say you're in the rivers but the Lord's promised not to let it overtake you." Praise the Lord! His promise was not broken, and the waters did not overtake me today! God is good.

Just as others have noted in comments and in emails, God is in control. He is control of even the waves and undertows. Praise the Lord for His goodness to us! And I am praising the Lord for praying friends!! Thank you...that doesn't seem adequate, but thank you.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I am thankful to have found your blog. I am thankful for the opportunity to pray for you- I'm serious, here. To be so small and insignificant, yet to be allowed part of something so big and amazing. I'm sorry about the day back. I can only imagine how hard that was. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Wendy said...

And I am thankful for you, too, and for the others who pray for our family. God is good. Please be assured for my prayers for you and Mel with next Friday approaching so quickly. Try to rest in Him. I pray Mel finds her comfort in Him, with your loving encouragement and guidance. You're a great mom and I feel privileged to have found Mel's blog on the web, and consequently her Mom! Thank you. (((HUGS)))