Friday, November 23, 2007

Riding the Waves


God is good. I can definitely feel the prayers from God's people for me and my family. Yesterday I felt like I was just riding the wave through the day. This is a good change, because when I think back to other difficult days (birthdays, holidays, anniversary...), I felt as though that wave had knocked me down and I was scrambling for air. But yesterday was remarkably different. I was above the water. I was "riding" along, hurting much, but surviving. This was surely God holding me up through the storm of the day. Thank you for your prayers.

Todd loved the ocean. We could watch the waves for hours. I remember one time watching the remnants of a hurricane from the boardwalk in Ocean City, and how we talked of God's power as the waves crashed down on the shore. The sky was dark and ominous, yet I stood there feeling very secure with Todd's arm around me. The wind sprayed our faces with salty water. We knew God was in control, and we talked of his great power. I miss my sweetie, but I am trying to rest in our good God's capable Arms.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm glad you can feel the prayers for you and your family--because they are there!!! Resting in His arms can be tough, no doubt- yet that's where the peace is.