Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day


Thursday was a tough day. I did something crazy. When I stopped at the store to buy the kids something for Valentine's Day (I was trying to ignore the day, but my younger ones were too excited for me not to get them something), a bouquet of orange roses caught my eye. I love orange roses and Todd would always buy them for me whenever he would find any. I stared at them in the store. I knew Todd would have bought them for me, had he been standing there. So I picked them up and bought them. crazy. I cried all the way home.

I was greeted with a home-made card from the Tobster. It had pictures of her and I, and green and orange little pom-poms glued on the heart. She said, "This is for you" pointing to an orange one (my favorite color), "And this is for Daddy" pointing to the green one (his favorite color). Another Valentine to keep forever. The kids like to dig out one of my favorite Valentines. Of course it's from Todd, but it's one of those goofy singing cards (and it still "sings!") I'm a choco-holic, and when you open the card it "sings:" "Sugar, sugar...you are my candy girl, and you've got me wanting you."

Alright, enough about Thursday. I'm learning to thank God for all those memories, and to thank Him for a husband who never, ever had me doubting or wondering about his love for me. I was truly loved. Thank you, God, for Todd and his love for me. I will always treasure it.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sending ((hugs)) your way. Amazing how so many things become bittersweet, eh?

Melissa Murphy said...

How adorable. :)

I sent myself roses the other day... Lame? Nah. Jim would have done it. :)