Monday, February 4, 2008

A Good Day!

These don't come very often, and I wanted to publically thank God for a GOOD DAY today. I knew the day would be full, so I forced myself to get up early. Laundry got done! The kitchen sink is empty! (wait, I just heard someone put a glass in there....oh well) I got a lot of errands done. Sure, I thought often of Todd and memories are everywhere, but I felt good as so much was accomplished! God is good.

An added blessing was what I heard on the radio while running errands. I heard a devotional from the late Dr. Cook, one of my favorite preachers of all time, from "Walk with the King." He was saying how there are times when we just say, "I can't." He reminded his listeners that everyone feels this way from time to time, but as believers, realizing this fact can actually be a good thing. In admitting "we can't" shows us that we need help. Our help is found in God, and in the working of His Holy Spirit that indwells us. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit tonight. Dr. Cook also mentioned how all we need to do is ask, and God will work in and through us for His good pleasure. Think about that. God is all I need! I don't need Todd to get through these days, I need God. I was also reminded in a comment today that God is holding me as well! Now think about that. God helps me. God is my strength. God enables me. And on top of all that, He is holding me in His Hand!!

Rats, another child just set something else in the sink. I think it was a bowl and spoon after a cereal snack. ugh. Honest, the sink was empty earlier tonight!

Anyway, I cherish these kinds of days. I pray they come more frequently and there are more of them strung together. God is so good to me.

Thank you, Father, for today and the goodness I have felt in it.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful post! I pray you have more like it, too.