Monday, October 15, 2007

Joyful?

Yes! Can you believe it? Yes, indeed. There is joy.

Lately I've been living in another deep, thick cloud of sadness in missing Todd. I've been crying a lot more. My heart is heavy. I hate the nights. I can't sleep. The mornings come and I don't want to see another day. I have trouble moving through the next hour. Everything seems so overwhelming. I feel so alone.

HOWEVER, after hearing a message from God's Word in the book of I Peter last night, God showed me that there is still joy. How can this be? It lies in the fact that I have a hope, a security, and "home" in heaven. I pray these verses (I Peter 1:7-9) bring encouragement to whomever reads:

"That the trial of your faith, being much much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full or glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." (HEAVEN!)

Remember that song from Mercy Me, Homesick? "I've never been more homesick than now!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I spent some time reading over your October blogs today. Once again with tears streaming down my cheeks and an ache in my heart for you and the kids.
One line of Mercy Me's Homesick got my attention...Lord, give me strength to make it through somehow. Wendy, 29+ months may have been a blur for you, but the Lord has given you the strength to make it through those months. He has blessed you with six wonderful children to remind you of Todd and to help you keep on living. Even in the little things like doing Todd's jobs!
I remember after my brother died repeatedly asking...how can people just go on living like nothing has happen? Don't they realize that my only brother has been taken from me? Yes, I have the hope of heaven and seeing him again, but the sadness of missing him and all that he would miss here on earth is overwhelming at times.
As I type this, I'm listening to Mercy Me's I Can Only Imagine. Wow! What will it be like to be in Heaven? To see our Lord and Savior and to be reunited with those who we love. Even so come, Lord Jesus!
Love in Him,
Beth