Saturday, October 6, 2007

29 Months Today......and life goes on...and on...and on...and on...

Life goes on, yet in some strange way these 29 months feel like a dream, almost as if time has stood still. I can't describe it. Most everyone who knew Todd has continued on with their lives much the same way they had 29 months ago. Life goes on. So now what? I know the truths and promises on which I must stand firm on and cling to. I know God has not forsaken us when Todd died. I know God has a reason. I know God's ways are not our ways. I know God loves us very much and has promised us eternal life when we trust in Him as our only way for salvation. I know I will one day see Todd again. But what NOW? It's so hard to move forward, believing the promises and truths of God's Word, when you hurt so bad and miss someone so much. What does God want from me now? All I can do is trust. It should be easy to trust a God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, so good, and the Creator of the universe. But I'm struggling with it all tonight. One of my favorite songs is from the movie, "Joseph, King of Dreams," You Know Better Than I. If you have never seen the movie, the songs plays when Joseph is in prison, after being falsely accused. God knew the path He had laid for Joseph; God knew what He was doing; all Joseph needed to do was trust. I find myself in that prison tonight. Help me, God, to trust you more and keep moving forward.

No comments: