Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's Impossible

I tried. I wanted to create a blog and just talk about my great kids, without bringing the emotional hurt into the writings in missing Todd so very much. I love my kids and thank God for them often. But it is impossible to write about them without missing Todd. I see Todd in their little (and young adult) faces. I hear Todd's voice and laughter when we are gathered together at the dinner table. And when we're playing, Todd is so very present....not just in my thoughts, but in the childrens' as well...in their comments and in their actions.

Here's an example. Today we decided to wash the dog. It was a nice
day and he was dirty. So we all went outside, coaxing the dog to the water. As we began washing him, we had to laugh. He looked so funny and so sad, too. Then someone said, "Did Dad ever wash Rocky?" Then the stories followed: "Remember when Dad would come home and Rocky would go crazy? All we had to say was, 'Daddy's home!' and he would go nuts."

Todd is everywhere. It's been 28 months and he is still everywhere, in our conversations, in our thoughts, and in our hearts. We all miss you, dear....even Rocky!