Friday, May 23, 2008

Our Precious Toby Faith

This morning I learned that people actually enjoy coming here to read about "Tales of Six Kids." That amazes me. But as I was contemplating on yesterday's events, I was reminded that my sister-in-law informed me that people like reading of what's going on here with the six kids. Amazing. Sooooooo...

The Tobster had another major procedure scheduled for yesterday at the dentist. This poor child has had the unfortunate displeasure of many dental problems in her short 4 years. We don't really know what the underlying cause is (could it be the many lollipops given to her?), but she has endured numerous painful toothaches. Yesterday she had to get another cap on one of her baby molars. They had to give her that gas again, and she does not like "that yucky smelly stuff."

As difficult as these kinds of things are for me to deal with, especially without Todd's help, Toby did very well. She cried, she complained, but she was cooperative and brave. Dr. Robin said she did a wonderful job in sitting still and obeying. yay, Toby!! They wouldn't let me go back there with her (I wonder why? ....I cry more than Toby does!), but reports from Dr. Robin and the nurses were all positive. She's a trooper.

On our way to the appointment, I told Toby that if she tried to be real brave with Dr. Robin, then I would take her to get her friend a birthday present at Toys R Us. This thrilled her, as she loves both her friend and Toys R Us! However, in the waiting room she came over to me, crawled in my lap, and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, can I cry?" I just about lost it.

She's so precious. So when we went to Toys R Us, we didn't just buy a birthday present for her friend. I couldn't resist a new stuffed animal that she clung to while looking for a gift for her friend! She fell asleep hugging "Spots"...had to get a picture of that!

I often wondered why God would have allowed us this precious one, knowing Todd would only be here for her first 18 months of life. I think I'm beginning to see why....Toby Faith has been our precious gift and countless source of smiles and laughter. She, as with all the children, are a continuous reminder to me of Todd and his love for me and for his famiily.

Thank you, God, for our precious Toby Faith!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Funny how our "Why, God?!" questions become some of the biggest blessings....