Saturday, May 10, 2008

Comic Relief

It's so nice to be able to laugh in the midst of heartache. It was good to laugh last night....I mean really laugh, until the tears came and catching your breath was difficult!

My parents live in the Florida Keys, but they stay with us for two or three months during the hurricane season. They have a room here that we leave untouched. We had friends over last night who have been threatening to "clean" that room so that we can use it while they are gone. This made me nervous, to say the least. Anyway, last night my friend took the plunge and spent two hours "cleaning" my parents room. Two hours and two big trash bags later (please don't tell them), and we still can't see a difference. ugh.

Anyway, for as long as I can remember my Mom has tried her best to "dress" my Dad properly....laying out matching clothes, buying nice things for him to wear...BUT he seems to find things to wear to get a reaction from her. Often when they are staying with us we can hear, "Paul! Where did you find that? Take it off and put on what I set out for you to wear!" It's comical in itself.



Last night Loretta uncovered an interesting "find." A thin, pale yellow, old pair of shorts that my Mom has been hiding from my Dad for years. She was not good at this, because my Dad would always find them and try to wear them in public. I realized, that until last night, I hadn't seen those shorts in years. My Mom succeeded! As Loretta held them up, we all yelled, "Hey, Granddad's shorts! He was looking for them!" sorry, Mom, for uncovering them again, but don't worry....Dad will never find them or wear them again (you can thank Loretta). poor Dad.

I love my parents. They're the best. I'm thanking God today for them and for laughter. They're both good.

No comments: