Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nine Years of Lessons...and still learning!

Well today marks 9 years.  It's still hard to imagine.  Nine years!  Nine years since my world turned upside down.  Nine years since I've spoken to Todd.  Nine years since I held his hand.  Nine years since I've heard his voice.  Nine years since I've felt his touch,  Nine years.

Even with all that time, not one day has passed where we haven't thought about Todd/Daddy.  His presence is everywhere in this house...still.  Pictures on the walls, lots of great memories to share, and of course, he's in our children.  Mannerisms, physical features, habits--they're all present here in the kids.  Sometimes I hear his voice or his laughter.  It seems to be echoing still in this house.  Nine years.

Nine years of lessons being learned, and we're still learning.  Our Heavenly Father is still working in my life and in the lives of our children.  We're learning how faithful He is.  How good He is.  How much He loves us.  Amazing love, that will one day reunite us all.

I'm tired and hurting, so I have to stop writing for now.  There is so much more to share.  I'm exhausted and all I want to do is go to bed and cry.  God is good.  For nine years God is good.

Miss this guy so very much.

No comments: