Monday, March 17, 2014

Todd's Funeral

When first asked if I wanted to record the funeral service, it felt a little weird and uncomfortable.  After I was told that the children were so young and that it would be good for them to see it again when they were better able to understand, I agreed to have the service videoed. 

For nearly five years I never wanted to go near that tape.  I couldn't bear even seeing the label, "Todd's Funeral."  Then, over the years, I began to attempt to watch it.  I never made it all the way through.  Never was able to watch the entire video in one sitting.  I was always overcome with emotion.

Well, last week, almost nine years later, I succeeded in watching the entire thing all at once!  ouch.  It was hard.  It was painful.  Yet, as the message was spoken, there were some incredibly encouraging things that were said!  I felt comfort.  I felt such thankfulness for having made the decision to video the service.  Much of it was difficult, but the message, the words from God's Word, were soothing.  So, this week I decided to begin a project.  I wanted to take excerpts from that message and share them with others to help them and to comfort them.  So far I have only been able to take the message and divide it in two parts.  I thought I would share them on my blog, here, first.  Please, be comforted, strengthened in our Heavenly Father's love, and encouraged! 


WHY?

 

WHAT?



No comments: