Friday, December 31, 2010

One last post for 2010!

I had to write tonight, because it will be the last one for 2010! Do you believe it? Another whole year has gone by, and now we are headed into a brand new year. New Year's Eve celebrations were always so much fun with Todd. Tonight seems quiet. However, I am so thankful for my kiddos...they make me smile and Nathan now reminds me so much of Todd in his looks and mannerisms, that it is scary sometimes! I love them all with all my heart and can't even imagine life without them.

Trina (18) and Tiffany (16) both got their driving permits yesterday. I am trying to be patient and calm, but it must be the ice and snow on the roads that is making me want to scream, cry, freak out, lose control, and slam on the brake! It's not really that bad...Tiff barely missing a mailbox, Trina nearly side-swiping the guard rail and driving through low tree branches (I hate that sound, btw, it reminds me of finger nails on a chalk board!). Today Tiffany took out a cone while trying to parallel park. That was fun. If I make it through without a heart attack or nervous breakdown, I want someone to throw a party for me. A BIG party!

Speaking of a party...Tiffany turned 16 this week. Thus, the learner's permit that I'm questioning already. Just kidding, I'm sure she'll do fine. I'd much rather have Todd teaching these girls, you know? Anyway...


We are all totally enjoying our new puppy, Nader. He is so much fun to watch. He's not so much fun when he pees and poops on the carpets, though. I think I'm the only one who knows how to clean that kind of stuff up! But we all love watching him pounce on his toys and growl at Rocky, who is five times his size, with the confidence that he can actually cause fear in our faithful, old puppy! Rocky just shows his teeth and gives a growl, and Nader usually takes one final pounce at him before deciding to leave him alone.
Here's Grenade and Eban after a fun afternoon of sledding together.

I'm truly praying that this will be a HAPPY New Year for our family, and for all of our friends and relatives. This was our 5th Christmas without Todd, and he would have turned 50! It was a tough time the last several weeks, but God has given strength for each day, and has given us that hope of His return at any moment! I'm resting in these precious verses from John 14 tonight: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” This was from the NIV. I am holding tight to these words tonight and want to wish you all a very Happy New Year!

No comments: