Thursday, August 23, 2012

Almost school time!

It's near the end of August, and school is just around the corner! Yikes! It's hard for me to believe, but Tiffany will be a senior this year! That will be four out of the six children graduated from high school by the end of this school year. This is just incredible for me to believe, remembering my oldest was only 15 when Todd went to heaven. It was seven years and three months ago that Todd left his earthly home, and yet in so many ways it feels like yesterday. Seasons coming and going are so difficult without Todd with us. I miss him a ton.

Last night, as I was driving my son's car to church with my son and two daughters (because the others had already taken the van to a youth group meeting), I had a terrifying experience. I was approaching a group of high school cross-country runners, slowing down, and a kid on a bicycle was suddenly in front of me! I jammed on the brakes, with no where to really turn, and ended up hitting his back tire and sending him flying to the road. He was fine. Everyone was fine. The boy's bike and Abe's car were not fine, but that didn't matter much. If you have never hit a kid on a bike, then you probably will never understand the pure terror it is to have this happen. I couldn't sleep last night. I can't sleep tonight. All I can see is that boy's face staring at me right before I hit him. I can hear the sound of the crash and see him falling to the ground. I am so very, very thankful that he is okay, but that doesn't take this terror away from my very soul.

So, with school starting and this terrifying experience last night, I really, really wish Todd was here to talk with. Missing him so very much tonight...

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, for your protection last night, and especially for sparing that young man's life. I pray this experience will draw me closer to You and that I will find comfort and peace in my soul soon! I love you, Lord. You are my Saviour and my Lord. Life is difficult sometimes, and I know You know all about that, so I pray and wait anxiously for Your return! Amen!

This helps me to keep going....my wonderful family! (unfortunately our oldest, Abe, is not pictured)



...and love this guy! (my nephew, The Baaron enjoying his first freezy pop!)


No comments: