Thursday, April 2, 2009

Surprisingly Sad Saying Goodbye to "Big Red"


As Nathan and I stood there watching them tow away our red van, I was surprised at the tears. I thought I would be happy to see that go. The opposite happened. All the memories...it took us 3 times to the Key West to visit my parents, 3 times to Disney World, and countless shorter trips to the Jersey shore. I looked one more time inside at the spilled juice stains (that Todd nearly had a heart attack over!), the worn seats and broken seat belts, and large gap between the front seats where Todd and I would hold our out-stretched hands as long as possible. I looked in the back, where we all took cover during a thunderstorm when we were camping one summer. That was a long night!

"Bubba" has even more memories, but the blue van is still here until tomorrow, when they will come for that one also. The end of our era with the vans. We're all thanking God for those vans. They've given us many miles and tons of fun together.

Now we're looking to making new memories and having even more fun with our new van! Still thanking God for our "miracle van" and enjoying it very much, but saying goodbye to our old vans is actually quite emotional. I know...pathetic.

Big Red left us a reminder in the driveway...



...thank you again, God, for our NEW VAN!

2 comments:

Melissa Murphy said...

I'm glad you got your new van for sure... But I can imagine the memories flooded you this day!

Wendy said...

Thanks for your comment, Mel. It's been quite a week or so around here. We still pray for you, and it's been fun keeping up with you on twitter! You keep us smiling! Hope that little one is feeling better today.