Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Nature Lesson

Check this out. I tried to get a picture, but I don't think you can see it clearly. I was looking at the roses beginning to bloom again (from the rose bush that Todd had asked my sister to buy when he was sick, so that I would continue to get roses "from him"). One rose was in full bloom, but it looked odd. The main stem from which it grew, had been cut off (I was attempting to prune them earlier), but this flower grew sideways from just where the cut had been made, but only with half a stem!


God has been showing me some great things lately. He's been "growing me" in so many areas. It hasn't been easy. I still hurt and I still miss Todd with all my heart....but could it be God was showing me today in this flower that He can still "grow" me, even with the little that is left after His "pruning?"

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fact is, Wendy, you noticed it and took the opportunity to see He can still "grow" you--which means, yes He can... Hugs and prayers

Beth said...

Wow, what a wonderful picture of how the Lord grows us. Pruning is not "fun" for a plant, but is essential, just as the Lord's pruning is not always pleasant for us and sometimes beyond our understanding, yet His way is perfect and He can bring beauty & peace out of "ugliness" and turmoil. Keep on allowing Him to work in your life and to have first place. He still has more work for you before your sweet reunion with Him & Todd in Heaven. You are such a blessing and encouragement to me, Wendy! You may never know how many lives you are touching and how many of us are growing as we pray for you & your family and watch the Lord work in your lives.
Love in Him,
Beth